Tuesday, February 17, 2009


I just need to share this picture. Here is the background. Since she has stopped napping about 6 months ago, Georgia has "rest time" in her room every afternoon. For the most part, she plays quietly and reads to herself during this time, and we both get some much-needed down time. She is also obsessed right now with ballerinas, fairies, and dressing up in all sorts of concoctions. I fear what her teachers would think of me if I actually let her go to school in some of the creations she puts on in the morning. But yesterday, 15 minutes before she was supposed to come down I hear little footsteps on the stairs. Before I could muster the straight face to send her back up, I busted out laughing. Laughed so hard I had tears running down my face. This was the Georgia that greeted me, in all her glory, and so proud of herself. God, she makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment