Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here we go.....

So here I am entering this world of blogging for the very first time. I am not sure what has inspired this move to get "involved" in the online community, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the results. Having recently signed on to Facebook, I have been able to reconnect with so many people from my past that I feared would always be people "I used to be friends with." In talking with some good friends online, I have connected with them in new ways. We are now all grown up, with real jobs, some are married, and many of us have kids around the same age. And nothing seem to bond women like everyday highs and lows of motherhood. In fact, I now finally understand why so many people say that you may have many "best" friends growing up, but none will ever compare to the true understanding and acceptance from another mommy friend. They are the only ones who know what life is like right now, from the mundane details of meals, carpools, and bedtime, to the unbelievable moments of pure joy that come with raising your kids. And they also know how truly challenging this job is, and what it is like to feel like the worst mother in the world.

So it is with these ideas floating around in my head that I am starting to blog about my day-to-day activities with (an without) my kids. I don't know if I even want anyone to read this right now, or ever, for that matter. But knowing that I have somewhere that I can unload all drama and BS of any given day is sort of comforting, even if I am the only one who ever knows about it. If I do choose to one day share my musings with the world, then I hope that other mommies will find humor and confort here, and that everyone else will at least have a better understanding of what it is that I do all day, and why I think I have the most challenging and amazing job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment